This statement is designed to tell you as much as possible about how we use and manage personal information provided to, or collected by us. We believe you should be made aware of our practices so you can make informed decisions about how you allow us to use your information.
Any questions regarding this statement or complaints regarding privacy should be sent to SKALARKI electronics Ltd, FLEXSPACE Business Centre, Unit 30, 151 Middlemore Road, B21 0BN, Birmingham, UK.
1. What kind of personal information do we collect and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways in the course of conducting our businesses. We collect this information so you can subscribe to newsletters, request a product or service from us, complete a survey or questionnaire or communicate with us by email, telephone or in writing.
2. Who is collecting personal information and why?
Our Sales, Support, Marketing, Training and Accounting teams are the ones using your personal identifiable information, in order to fulfill your service requests, solve technical issues, and deliver a quality experience with our services.
3. How we use Personal Information
In certain circumstances, we may use personal information for promotional or direct marketing purposes. However, you may at any time request us not to use your personal information for sending direct marketing material to you. Such a request can be made by contacting us either in writing, by email or by telephone at the contact details below. There is no fee for making such a request.
In many cases where we ask you to provide us with information about yourself, if you do not provide us with that information we will not be able to provide you with the relevant product or service.
4. Links to Third Party Websites from our Website
To the extent that our Website contain links to sites operated by third parties and not related to our products or services (“Linked Websites”), the Linked Websites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those companies. Before disclosing your personal information to Linked Websites, we advise you to examine their privacy policies.
5. Disclosure of personal information
We respect the privacy of personal information and we will take reasonable steps to keep it strictly confidential.
We sometimes hire third parties to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering items, sending postal mail, providing technical support, and other new services. We provide those companies only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of our company and/or our subsidiaries or to (i) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on us or the Website; (ii) protect and defend our rights or property and the Website; (iii) enforce our agreements with you, or (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety or the public.
Under no circumstances we will sell personal information without your consent.
6. How long will personal information will be stored?
For our enterprise customers, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement.
7. What are the data subjects’ rights?
As user of SKALARKI electronics Ltd services you have following rights:
- The right to be informed – organizations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access - individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification - individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure - also known as 'the right to be forgotten', refers to an individual's right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue. Doing so may restrict or altogether prevent SKALARKI electronics Ltd from delivering tailored services such as Technical Support and/or notifications/updates on Technical Support request status, therefore rendering invalid on-going paid subscription contracts.
- The right to restrict processing - an individual's right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability - allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling - the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them, or is based on automated processing.
8. Cookies policy
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and other similar technologies covered by the EU Directive on privacy in electronic communications.
• What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. Cookies help your browser navigate a website and the cookies themselves cannot collect any information stored on your computer or your files. When a server uses a web browser to read cookies they can help a website deliver a more user-friendly service. To protect your privacy, your browser only gives a website access to the cookies it has already sent to you.
• How do I reject and delete cookies?
9. Information Security
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information held by us is secure from any unauthorized access or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee that personal information cannot be accessed by an unauthorized person (e.g. a hacker) or that unauthorized disclosures will not occur. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which we are authorized to use it.
10. Management and security of personal information
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
11. Accessing personal information
You may request to access your personal information held by us. Such a request must be made in writing to the address below. First, we will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We will grant you access to your personal information as soon as possible, subject to the circumstances of the request.
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in SKALARKI electronics Ltd being unable to provide you with information about certain transactions, other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, and/or provide you with certain content, goods or services.
12. Updating Personal Information
We endeavor to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us as soon as possible in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Our contact details are set out below.
14. Contact us